The milestone when the new system is “complete” and available to all users as their default intranet is called “Go-Live”, “Launch” or the “cut-over date.” This is a key milestone, obviously, with a lot going on.
An effective training and engagement method is to develop a SharePoint Survey in a contest format. This “go-live contest” encourages users to walk through the intranet and develop basic skills training.
Questions are designed to encourage and support users to:
- learn how to navigate the site;
- explore the structure of the intranet;
- understand key lists and libraries;
- learn fundamental skills;
- know where to get help and support;
- feel good about the new system.